New Rules for Necronomicon's Dealers Room
In 2014, stewardship of the Dealer's Room is changing again. Charles did a great job, but College is sucking up his time and Debbie Hicks will be the Pre-Con contact till we get a new Volunteer.
You can reach Deb and future DealerRoom Gurus at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the homepage for the Necronomicon Dealer's Room! This year, we will
are still in Tampa, but moving to the Grand Hyatt on the Causway.
If you would like to know who will be setting up shop in the dealer's room this year, there is a list of names and websites available on our new Dealer's Layout page.
Our dealer's room will be located (somewhere) in the new hotel. Our vendors span the realm of print, multimedia, textiles, clothing, costuming, weaponry, gaming, collectibles, and much, much more.
Offering nearly 4000 square feet of space and electrical access along three walls, our dealer's room will be set up for booth space along the walls and in an open square along the center of the room. This provides ample walk-way space for our patrons, as well as optimizing the display area.
Starting in March 2014, we will begin taking applications for the 2014 convention to be held at the Grand Hyatt. All of the specifics and the application are on this Word or PDF document.
NecronomiCon Dealer Application.doc
NecronomiCon Dealer Application.pdf
Pricing for 2014 will be:
- $90/center of room - TOTAL vendor area of 6x6 per table
- $100/along the wall - TOTAL vendor area of 6x6
- Electrical access is limited: these tables will be assigned according to need on a first come/first served basis.
- You are purchasing a 6 x 6 area. You can bring your own tables / display or a table can be provided. You must let us know if you need a table.
- Only vendor tables along the walls have electrical access.
- Each requested table will have (1) one chair provided - please let me know if you need more (max of 2/table).
- The purchase of a table includes one (1) membership; you must indicate the name of the person claiming this membership. Extra "helper" memberships may be purchased at the pre-registration rate of $35; you must indicate the names of individuals who will be registering as dealer "helpers." You are limited to one "helper" badge per table.
Procedure(s) for 2014 will be:
- March 1, 2014: send in your applications! (application included below) Return your application to Debra Hicks at email@example.com. ALL applications must be received electronically - NO "SNAIL MAIL". We won't be accepting applications prior to that date, but you may address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- You may request up to two (2) tables/spaces initially
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis with an eye toward vendor diversity to ensure the best market for our Members; if we have too many of a certain type of dealer apply initially, applicants will be placed on a waiting list. So we encourage you to apply as early as possible to assure your access to NecronomiCon's wonderful attendees!
- You will receive e-mail notification of your acceptance; depending on the number of applicants this may happen as early as April 15, 2014 but will occur no later than May 15, 2014.
- Once you are notified of your acceptance, payment is due by August 1, 2014; PLEASE NOTE, your space is NOT guaranteed until payment is received.
- Any table un-paid by August 1, 2014 will be considered un-sold, and will be offered to someone on the waiting list, or to those individuals who may have indicated the desire for more than two (2) tables
- No refunds will be given after August 1, 2012. Prior to 08/10/12, a partial refund ($45/table for center tables, $50/table for wall tables) may be requested.
Dealer's Room Hours:
Friday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm (open for dealer set-up at 9:00)
Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm (open for dealer's at 9:30)
Sunday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (open for dealers at 9:30)
The dealer's room will open for dealer set-up beginning at 9:00 am on
Friday; each table will have a card with the name of the vendor assigned to
that space. Loading / unloading directions will be posted on the website by September 1, 2014.
You may pick up your badges, both main and helper, at registration. Three weeks prior to the convention I will send out a list of names confirmed for 1) badges
associated with tables, 2) helper badges that have already been purchased,
and 3) helper badges that are to be purchased at the door. At that time,
you will need to confirm your name(s) are present, and let me know if there
are any additions to the "purchasing at door" helpers.
Thanks very much! I hope it will be a profitable year for our Dealers and an enjoyable one for our Members!
For further information, please contact the Dealer's Room Director:
Debbie Hicks, Pre-con Vendor Wrangler
At The Con
Southern Media Con